Tuesday, March 15, 2011

16 Minutes


7:25am...alarm goes off
7:25:10...I hit snooze
7:30...alarm goes off
7:30:10... I hit snooze
7:35...alarm goes off
7:35:10... I hit snooze
7:40...alarm goes off
7:40:10... I hit snooze
7:45...alarm goes off
7:45:10... I hit snooze
7:50...alarm goes off
7:50:10... I hit snooze

My alarm must have gone off again and instead of hitting snooze I shut it off b/c after noticing I wasn't moving my arm every 5 minutes, I look at my clock and have to check my phone to make sure I was reading the time correctly....8:11am [HOLY SHIT!!]

8:11...jump out of bed
8:11:45... go to the bathroom, wash my face, put on lotion, etc.
8:15...stare into closet
8:17...put on jeans
8:18...do hair, makeup
8:20...take vitamin
8:21...put on top and necklace
8:22...grab lunch from fridge
8:23...put my lunch in my gym bag, grab my gloves, glasses, keys, wallet, cell phone
8:24...lock door and speed walk to the bus stop
8:27...get on bus [phew!]

This is how my morning started. No coffee, no breakfast (until I got to work and had some oatmeal), didn't brush my teeth (thank goodness for gum and mints), and I get to work 15 minutes early so I can relax and read a bit before starting my workday...and a long day it was! Even with this rushed morning, I still smiled and laughed at myself and enjoyed stopping to look at (and snap a photo of) the bulbs popping up out of the ground on my walk to work. The crocuses (or croci- as either are correct plural forms of crocus) haven't flowered yet, but soon...yay for spring! I just have to remind myself to live in the moment, b/c in my head April is practically over (all booked up and waiting for me to live it out) and that means May is almost here.

No comments:

Post a Comment