Tonight, I went to my 2nd NHL game ever. Last year I went with some girl friends towards the end of the season, where they played the Buffalo Sabres. Tonight, was a rematch. Dining before the game down near the arena is a bad idea, we missed almost all of the first period b/c we were waiting to get a seat to eat. But we didn't miss much. There was a hell of a lot of testosterone in the house tonight. We had some boys behind us with the towny accent, the boys in front of us, then the guys who constantly made us get up so they could pass through in our row (we had the first 5 seats in the row). You know its bad when you're standing up and down more than you do in church all b/c the assholes have to use the head or get more beverages with a foamy head. Ugh! They could have gone the other way, but b/c we were girls, I bet they wanted to pass by us in hopes of brushing against us (pervs!). There were a lot more fights tonight than the last NHL game I went to, I say about 5 or 6. There were A LOT of penalties, at one point I think it was 3 on 4. The game went into sudden death overtime where the Buffalo Sabres scored, winning the game. See, last year when we saw the Bruins vs. Sabres I was rooting for the Sabres and the Bruins won. This time I rooted for the Bruins and the Sabres won. So, it's my fault. I really do enjoy going to hockey games, I think it reminds me of college and I'm even debating about buying season tickets for next year (believe me! I know!). Anyway, it was an exciting game and great night out with the girls.
This started as a 365 day-by-day blog of my life in Boston as a 2nd year transplant from May 2010- May 2011. I continued into my 3rd year before one of my New Year's Resolutions was to make something new each week. So I blogged about my dishes with photos. Now, another resolution has brought me back to blogging. In March 2014 I plan on spending only $45 which can only go towards food/beverages. Stay tuned to see how I do.
Thursday, March 10, 2011
Hockey
Tonight, I went to my 2nd NHL game ever. Last year I went with some girl friends towards the end of the season, where they played the Buffalo Sabres. Tonight, was a rematch. Dining before the game down near the arena is a bad idea, we missed almost all of the first period b/c we were waiting to get a seat to eat. But we didn't miss much. There was a hell of a lot of testosterone in the house tonight. We had some boys behind us with the towny accent, the boys in front of us, then the guys who constantly made us get up so they could pass through in our row (we had the first 5 seats in the row). You know its bad when you're standing up and down more than you do in church all b/c the assholes have to use the head or get more beverages with a foamy head. Ugh! They could have gone the other way, but b/c we were girls, I bet they wanted to pass by us in hopes of brushing against us (pervs!). There were a lot more fights tonight than the last NHL game I went to, I say about 5 or 6. There were A LOT of penalties, at one point I think it was 3 on 4. The game went into sudden death overtime where the Buffalo Sabres scored, winning the game. See, last year when we saw the Bruins vs. Sabres I was rooting for the Sabres and the Bruins won. This time I rooted for the Bruins and the Sabres won. So, it's my fault. I really do enjoy going to hockey games, I think it reminds me of college and I'm even debating about buying season tickets for next year (believe me! I know!). Anyway, it was an exciting game and great night out with the girls.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment