
For tonight's blog you may read the bracketed text for the longer version, otherwise feel free to skip down to the unbracketed section for the story that goes with the photo. :)
[I spent all day looking up travel tours and have to narrow down where I can practically travel to over the winter break this year. It honestly scares me to travel alone to some of these places where one can die from tons of different viruses and bugs. I feel like I'm at the point that I'll just have to make a list of all the places I want to see and just start pulling from a hat, because I really can't decide b/t Bali, Australia, Argentina, Egypt, Chile, South Africa, Antarctica, Iceland...and the list goes on. Before I knew it, it was 5pm and off. I have started walking home from work and even if I stop into Trader Joe's to do some grocery shopping, it only takes me 32 minutes from Gordon Hall to my back door. I did some power yoga, fixed myself a salad (which was just lettuce and avocado) and heated up my homemade split pea soup and ate in front of the TV. I've started watching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and it's quite funny, I'm really surprised that I'm enjoying it.]
To end the night, I went up to the grocery store and bought tons of fresh produce and some frozen veggies, and my guilty pleasure Smartfood White Cheddar Popcorn. For some reason, every time I go to a grocery store, I find myself looking at the Gelatin. Why? B/c I am determined to find a gelatin that I remembered eating when I was little. Memories of me being sick with tonsillitis and laying in bed watching Gilligan's Island and eating 3 layered gelatin treat, a treat that disappeared like many other childhood snacks, years ago. I have yet to find it, but tonight I my trip down the baking aisle, I found this box and it looks very similar to what I remember as 1-2-3 or something like that. It was a pink colored dessert and I don't remember what the flavor or flavors were, but it was 3 shades of pink, each layer having a different texture. So imagine my surprise when I found this box. THIS IS THE CLOSEST THING I'VE FOUND to this childhood dessert!! I almost bought it, but I decided that now that I've found something that looks similar (despite it being grape flavor and more purple than I remember) I can do some research online and buy it later (they weren't going to run out unless word gets out and all these kids of the 80s go out and buy them all after reading this blog). It's amazing how little information you can find on stuff from the pre-internet years. I've found others posting questions trying to find this dessert I remember as a kid in the 80s, and apparently this brand is from Canada and the closest thing to what is believed to be 1-2-3 JellO from my childhood. All these years of searching and I stumble upon this at the grocery store up the street from me. And NO, I've never seen it there before...notice packaging says "NEW"...maybe all those people who petitioned to get this dessert back on shelves succeeded :)
No comments:
Post a Comment