Monday, March 21, 2011

1st Full Day of Spring = Snow


The first FULL day of Spring, and it's snowing in New England. Of course, the ground is warm enough so it's not sticking, but those are snowflakes in the photo and not rain. Many people are complaining about this, but I don't mind. Sure, things get wet, but I feel like I don't get as wet with snow (like the snow falling today) than I would when it rains. Plus, precipitation is precipitation regardless of what form it's in. Yes, it's snowing in the upper atmosphere [and by upper I mean above me] but turns to rainy wet drops when it hits me or the ground, so it's pretty much raining. The plants are getting watered and the tulips are popping up! It's all part of Mother Earth's cycle.

This cold, snowy/rainy day is setting the tone for the week. I'm in much need of a week off, so I've canceled plans for after work this week and am not going to hit the gym. I had the worst time falling asleep last night b/c my body ached all over. Of course I can't get in to get a massage until Thursday of next week, so I'm going to take it easy until then. This means no gym and plenty of hot baths, using a small ball to roll against my back like the massage therapist showed me and chillaxing after work with some hot tea and a book.


So maybe it stuck a little in some places. From my back patio.

No comments:

Post a Comment