Thursday, March 3, 2011

Shoe Drawer @ Work


So I mentioned my drawer full of shoes at work to my best friend and she laughed at me. In San Diego, I would have a car, where I would drive in flip flops (despite drivers ed emphasizing how it was unsafe to drive barefoot or with flip flops) and then change into my heels when I parked and went into the office. In Boston, I don't have a car and carry everything to work, so after last winter where I was tired of carrying 2 pairs of shoes to work (gym and work shoes), I decide to store my work shoes in one of my large desk drawers. It started out as just 2 pairs, but now I have nearly all my work/dress shoes here. This morning when I got in and took my gym shoes off, I had a hard time finding the match to my brown flats this morning, but found it burried in the back of the drawer. Meanwhile my boss was standing at my desk talking to me and felt a little embarassed for having this drawer, but it works for me! One less thing to worry about packing in my gym bag every night, even if I do feel like Mister Rogers- taking off my shoes and putting on my work flats every morning as part of my routine [while "won't you be my neighbor" plays in my head].

No comments:

Post a Comment