Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Live Music @ Club Passim


Tonight I did something I haven't done since I worked with the IT guys last summer, I went out to see live music performed in a lounge-like setting. Location: Cambridge. Food was by Veggie Planet so I could everything on their menu! I had this Peanut Curry meal- coconut rice, broccoli and Thai peanut curry sauce topped with fried tofu croutons and peanuts on a pizza dough. It was delicious until my friend tried a tofu crouton and said it tasted like eggs (since I don't eat eggs b/c they make me vomit, I had a hard time chewing them after I was informed it tasted like overcooked scrambled eggs). It was definitely filling and I'm still tasting the curry sauce.

Kevin So and Paul Erlich performed. It was a small, intimate crowd, many of whom have followed Kevin for years, so they knew his songs and sang along. There was a lot more interaction with the group than I had expected. It was my type of music too. A little bit of Stevie Wonder mixed with Bob Dylan. Kind of reminded me of an Asian-American Jamie Cullem. It was a late night, but I'm glad I went because it reminded me of when I was in college and I wanted to be an A&R (music scout). It was fun sitting listening to music that didn't heart my ears, makes me want to go out and listen to some jazz music in a lounge with little tables (maybe it's time to look up an old friend of mine who is an amazing trumpet player and see if he is performing in Boston anytime- or make a trip out to NYC to see him). If you're interested in listening to some of the music I heard tonight (which was streamed live tonight on some live stream site) you can check out his Myspace http://www.myspace.com/kevinsoandmidnightsnack

No comments:

Post a Comment