Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Craft night with the girls


I feel the need to be around all my single girlfriends right now and tonight was just what the doctor ordered. We ordered pizza and ended up getting locked out of the apartment. Thankfully it was a gorgeous night out, there was a beautiful sunset and not too cold. We ate our pizza out on the stoop (totally felt like a city girl tonight) then ended up walking up Boylston and through the hotel and mall and ended up in the Back Bay where we met my friends roommate coming out of the gym. I must say, the walk was really nice and I trekked through parts of Boston I've never explored. We walked back to their apartment, where we had some water and washed down our pizza we had an hour before with some beer. We then started the crafts. I made my rat ears and tail for my Halloween costume, which look like mice ears, but to be honest, rats are like fatter and bigger mice anyway, right? It was nice being surrounded by women in the same boat as me when it comes to stupid boys. I pushed all of the boy shit out of my mind tonight and just had a good night walking around and hanging out with the girls. Being locked out also left me cell phone free for over an hour, and I have admit, it was weird not having my phone or ID on me, but I survived and didn't go nuts! It was nice being back in the Fenway area, there are times I miss living on Park Drive and to be honest, I'm beginning to miss San Diego, ever so slightly. I'm beginning to wonder what I'm doing here, wondering what the point was to move to Boston with no job or friends and start a life here (the job is what is keeping me here I think). I've figured out why I go for the "bad" boys who always break my heart instead of the "good" ones...and there's not a damn think I can do about that. So, to save my heart from being broken yet again and crying myself to sleep or tearing up during work when chatting to my BBFF regarding boys...I've decided that I'm done with boys (good and bad) for awhile. It's just me and my single girls until I feel safe enough to let another guy get close to me and to see the real me.

No comments:

Post a Comment