Sunday, October 3, 2010

Practice Games of Bowling


Today me and my teammate went bowling. First we met the new bartender Dan, who replaced Rebecca, one of the girls we always saw during the league. Second, we wanted to order the blue cheese chips and found out they took them off the menu, around the same time Rebecca left!! Boo!!! We were kind of making a scene (all in good fun) and decided to try their pretzel dippers, which were gross. The pretzels were good but the garlic butter was solid so not dip friendly and the cheese was like fake nacho jalapeno cheese, ick! Three games we bowled, and let me tell you... I was not on my A game today...nor my B game for that matter. I did bowl over 100 once, but the other two games I'm not going to talk about. I think it had to do with my pants being too tight so I wasn't able to move like I normally do (note to self: wear different pants next time b/c these jeans were bad news).

While we were bowling one of the gals that works there came up to us to ask if we had heard anything anything about the league. I was telling her how I was online a couple weeks ago and so far nothing had been posted. She said they weren't sure they were going to do the league but then her manager informed them the other day that there will be a league and she said sometime this month it would start up. Another cool change is they will be allowed to serve alcohol at 11am during the first game time this year (last year they couldn't until noon), so now the teams that bowl first can drink during their game. When I got home I looked online and saw that they will be having a league that will start up November 14th (of course that's the weekend I will be in NC!) and sign-ups begin later this week. I'm pretty excited and have been looking forward to bowling regularly since the spring. Now I must come up with a team name and start recruiting players...and also start practicing more so I don't weigh the team down...anything under 100 does not fly for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment