Saturday, October 23, 2010

Liv In' Room


Today was a long day. Started with me getting up early to run to the Boston Public Library (BPL) when it opened so I could return Dexter: Season 3. My sectional was scheduled for delivery today between 10 and 2 and my TV and Blu-Ray player between 3 and 7. So, I had to make sure I went to the library before waiting around in case they showed up at the end of the time block. Anyway, the sectional was delivered and takes up my entire wall, with no room for my side table on one end. Since the tables and the TV stand were back-ordered, I had to place my 50" TV on my little Ikea table. I might have to do some more re-arranging, but not until I get everything delivered. I have it set up so I can curl up on the sectional and have the TV positioned so I can play the Wii without having to move anything. All I have to do is swivel the TV if I wish to watch a movie in the living room.

I finally hooked up my Wii today and did the Sports age test... according to Wii, I am 73 years old. Now, I probably should have practiced tennis, baseball and bowling BEFORE starting the fitness test, but whatever. I can only go down in age now :) You have to remember, I did not grow up on video games... I remember having Atari when I was little, but we didn't have Nintendo or any of the other gaming systems growing up. I also started and finished The Postcard Killers by James Patterson today. I enjoyed living in my living room for the first time! It's nice sitting (or laying in my case) on a couch and reading a book with the natural light coming in through the windows. Looking forward to spending more days inside and actually using that room more (instead of only using it when I have guests over). Tonight I started feeling sick, so I'm taking some NyQuil and putting the humidifier on... I'm sure it's exhaustion, but also some asthma and "allergy" stuff going on. Going to sleep in tomorrow before hitting up Jillian's to bowl and watch the Pats game...every game I went to when the Pats play the Chargers in San Diego, the Pats lost (exception being that last second score in the AFC championship game a few years back) so I'm looking forward to tomorrow's game... should be interesting to see who walks away with the win.

No comments:

Post a Comment