
Today was a shitty day. I miss my best friend. I miss my sisters. I miss Carlsbad and Oceanside beaches. I miss the babies. I miss my cats. I miss Latin Lover and my software boys. I miss traveling to a new place and discovering things on my own. I miss my brother-in-law (on behalf of my sister) as he has been out of contact for a few days since arriving in Afghanistan.
Today, I needed my sister and my best friend. My sister kept me busy while I was at work, making me laugh and letting me bitch about everything. I must say, I suck at photo shop; it's been years since I've used it (when I was writing, editing and publishing the monthly company Gazette in CA) but I decided to try to morph my brother into various Disney characters...Dopey and Sid. Dopey is a nickname b/c of how he looks, and my sister dies of laughter whenever she watches Ice Age and sees Sid because there is some resemblance. Anyway, Dopey didn't turn out good and Sid was only slightly better, but I cheated with him and didn't morph. I'm gonna keep trying to morph him until I do it right, but for today... my mission was accomplished: I made my sister laugh when I sent her this photo. It also gave me something to focus on other than all the shit that is bothering me. So after photo shop and my sister keeping me busy all day long and then having a much needed talk with my best friend and calling my mom, I still feel like I need to be mute, at least until I can figure out what to do about everything that is bothering me. I'm really starting to miss what I had in CA, when my family was all together, when I got to walk with my best friend at least twice a week and along the boardwalk in Carlsbad, and when I wasn't being used or taken advantage of...which are key to my Boston misery... ever since moving here, a day hasn't gone by where I haven't been used, abused or taken advantage of and to tell you the truth...it stops now!
No comments:
Post a Comment