Well, this sucks. I had plans to go to a costume party tonight, but all day long I was feeling shitty. As the day progressed, I started to feel even worse. I was sweaty. I had a major sinus headache. My stomach started to hurt and felt like I was going to throw up. Even this 50° weather didn't help me feel better with the cool air blowing on my hot flesh. So, I popped on my "not feeling so good" go-to movie "The Holiday" and laid on the couch. I was so hot and the heat kept kicking on. With my tummy rumbling I fixed some toast, at some saltines and fixed my noodle soup. Still feeling shitty. Second movie in ("The Ugly Truth") and I thought I was feeling better. So I texted my friend and started to get my costume on when I started feeling hot and yucky again. BOO! So, because I just love my creative costume, I decided to put it on just long enough to take a few photos since I'm not sure I'll have the energy to do anything tomorrow either. I was quite proud of myself for coming up with this. One night I was laying in bed when it just popped into my head...a gym rat! For those who don't know, I have been called a gym rat, especially in past years in California, where I would hit 24 Hour Fitness everyday, sometimes twice a day. A gym rat, someone who spends a lot of time at the gym working out... it's like their second home. So, donning my workout outfit, my ipod, sweatbands (which I bought specifically for this costume), my homemade rats tale and ears and the painted on nose and whiskers...I took this photo to share with my friends, as if I actually went out to a party. Being sick sucks, but at least I'm a grown up so I don't have to hate the fact that I can't go trick-or-treating like I would have if I were a child. I'm also thankful I didn't go spend a fortune on a pre-made costume. So, this solo party is going to sit her ass back on the couch, curl up in a blanket and turn on a Bond movie...there will be plenty of Halloween parties next year, I just need to focus on getting better so I can go to Sunday's Patriots game.
This started as a 365 day-by-day blog of my life in Boston as a 2nd year transplant from May 2010- May 2011. I continued into my 3rd year before one of my New Year's Resolutions was to make something new each week. So I blogged about my dishes with photos. Now, another resolution has brought me back to blogging. In March 2014 I plan on spending only $45 which can only go towards food/beverages. Stay tuned to see how I do.
Friday, October 29, 2010
The Halloween Party that Wasn't
Well, this sucks. I had plans to go to a costume party tonight, but all day long I was feeling shitty. As the day progressed, I started to feel even worse. I was sweaty. I had a major sinus headache. My stomach started to hurt and felt like I was going to throw up. Even this 50° weather didn't help me feel better with the cool air blowing on my hot flesh. So, I popped on my "not feeling so good" go-to movie "The Holiday" and laid on the couch. I was so hot and the heat kept kicking on. With my tummy rumbling I fixed some toast, at some saltines and fixed my noodle soup. Still feeling shitty. Second movie in ("The Ugly Truth") and I thought I was feeling better. So I texted my friend and started to get my costume on when I started feeling hot and yucky again. BOO! So, because I just love my creative costume, I decided to put it on just long enough to take a few photos since I'm not sure I'll have the energy to do anything tomorrow either. I was quite proud of myself for coming up with this. One night I was laying in bed when it just popped into my head...a gym rat! For those who don't know, I have been called a gym rat, especially in past years in California, where I would hit 24 Hour Fitness everyday, sometimes twice a day. A gym rat, someone who spends a lot of time at the gym working out... it's like their second home. So, donning my workout outfit, my ipod, sweatbands (which I bought specifically for this costume), my homemade rats tale and ears and the painted on nose and whiskers...I took this photo to share with my friends, as if I actually went out to a party. Being sick sucks, but at least I'm a grown up so I don't have to hate the fact that I can't go trick-or-treating like I would have if I were a child. I'm also thankful I didn't go spend a fortune on a pre-made costume. So, this solo party is going to sit her ass back on the couch, curl up in a blanket and turn on a Bond movie...there will be plenty of Halloween parties next year, I just need to focus on getting better so I can go to Sunday's Patriots game.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment