Saturday, October 2, 2010

Out with Old Friends


Well, the rain I have waited for since Thursday morning finally arrived, but it had to be when I was all ready to go out downtown with one of my old coworkers and his fiance. I actually took time to get ready tonight, something I miss doing. It was exciting meeting up with old friends, people who knew me as a newbie to Boston. It was kind of weird going back to the old office, having a beer and catching up with J while we waited for his fiance to arrive. (Weird only in the sense that the last time I was in that office was when I was let go.)

We walked to Faneuil Hall (while it was raining) and ate at Anthem. It was not busy for a Friday night, and we ended up having the entire second floor to ourselves. A little over 3 hours we spent catching up and eating. I was so busy talking when they cleared our plates that I didn't mention I wanted to take my mac n cheese to go (I hardly ate any of it b/c I was full of my fried green tomato and cheese salad I ordered). Slightly disappointed about that because the mac n cheese was really good. The music was great, a little bit of everything and you had to catch yourself before you sang along out loud. It was so fun hanging out with old friends and we figured out the last time we saw each other was about a year ago at Marliave (see older post). Memories kept flooding back to a time I was happy and going out having way too much fun with the guys... J's fiance even reminded us of the time J called my sister and talked to her while he was drunk...I can't wait to see if my sister and brother-in-law remember that, lol... good times! I promise to not let another year go by before seeing them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment