Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Eve


This time last year I was just arriving in San Diego. Today, I went to lunch with my mom and In-N-Out. Oh, how I've missed their secret menu and french fries. Got the grilled cheese, fries and a vanilla shake. Mmm good! Tonight, my grandma, mom and I went to church (no, not going to make it to midnight mass). I do enjoy my Irish priest here and all the Latin that is spoken and sung in church (I have never heard Latin in and of the churches I've attended in Boston), however, I got so antsy. I managed to count over 75 sprinkler heads on the ceiling from where I was sitting going towards the front of the church while the priest was giving his sermon. I am so used to my 40-45 minute Sunday mass in Brookline, and tonight's 1 hour and 10 minute's mass just about killed me. It was nice to see people I grew up seeing, like Whitney Houston's doppelganger and her family. Oh, and only in SoCal (or maybe Hawaii and some other warm states) would you see hot guys in church wearing shorts and a nice collar button up top. It doesn't really feel like Christmas Eve- can't believe it's Christmas tomorrow. The weather was nice today. Flip flops, jeans and a t-shirt. A lot of memories have been flooding back to me, makes me wish I still lived here. If it wasn't for a job in Boston and the fact that I would need to buy a car again and get a mover to move my stuff across country, I think I would probably move back.

No comments:

Post a Comment