Today was my last free Sunday for the next couple months. Bowling starts up next week which means I wont have the luxury of sleeping until noon and staying in my PJs until 2pm. I made some money renting my parking spot out last night and went shopping for some work clothes but ended up buying more stuff for entertaining. Took a nice walk down to Coolidge Corner and back with a friend. It's so weird not seeing the streets decorated like in Cambridge or stores with holiday displays in the windows. This might have to do with it being a Jewish town, but they have blue lights and isn't Light the whole point of Hanukkah? There was only enough oil for one night but it lasted 8? I mean, it doesn't need to be Christmas lights, just lights and I would be happy. That's why I got excited when I saw that this one shop had a small Christmas Tree outside their door. Now, 34° and my ears are still frozen...time to start wearing hats when I go out the door, we may not have snow, but it sure is freezing out and only going to get colder. Winter is here!
This started as a 365 day-by-day blog of my life in Boston as a 2nd year transplant from May 2010- May 2011. I continued into my 3rd year before one of my New Year's Resolutions was to make something new each week. So I blogged about my dishes with photos. Now, another resolution has brought me back to blogging. In March 2014 I plan on spending only $45 which can only go towards food/beverages. Stay tuned to see how I do.
Sunday, December 5, 2010
My Last Free Sunday
Today was my last free Sunday for the next couple months. Bowling starts up next week which means I wont have the luxury of sleeping until noon and staying in my PJs until 2pm. I made some money renting my parking spot out last night and went shopping for some work clothes but ended up buying more stuff for entertaining. Took a nice walk down to Coolidge Corner and back with a friend. It's so weird not seeing the streets decorated like in Cambridge or stores with holiday displays in the windows. This might have to do with it being a Jewish town, but they have blue lights and isn't Light the whole point of Hanukkah? There was only enough oil for one night but it lasted 8? I mean, it doesn't need to be Christmas lights, just lights and I would be happy. That's why I got excited when I saw that this one shop had a small Christmas Tree outside their door. Now, 34° and my ears are still frozen...time to start wearing hats when I go out the door, we may not have snow, but it sure is freezing out and only going to get colder. Winter is here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment