Friday, December 17, 2010

A Little Too Much To Drink @ Work


Today I was invited to a department holiday party at work. It was catered and there was a nice selection of vegetarian items and alcohol. I was invited by one of the guys in the department who I interact with a few times a month. The department is full of researches (read: people I do not interact with at all). So, I was forced to step into circles and introduce myself and work on networking... I must say, I think I did a good job first time in this situation. It was nice to meet some new people. I was bombarded with questions regarding the Dean, apparently to some he is like a rock star, but managed to get a couple glasses of wine and some food before realizing they had Prosecco... that's when I started to feel the alcohol and suddenly it was 7pm (I showed up a little before 5). So, I had to pack up my stuff which included a heavy box of desserts for my holiday party tomorrow night. I missed my bus so went to stand and wait for the other bus I can take, then realized I forgot my loaf of french bread under my desk which is for tomorrow's party. So I had to walk back and get that, decided I might as well go to the gym since I refused to stand around for 45 minutes in the 30° weather and couldn't walk home b/c of all my stuff. So, I went to Zumba drunk. I had a blast and am glad I did it. It's not much different than going out to a club after drinking. So this photo, it's me waiting for the last bus of the night after the gym, wearing shorts but you couldn't tell b/c my white down coat covered up the shorts. It wasn't too cold, so it felt good with bare legs. That is also the box full of goodies for the holiday party tomorrow. Oh, what a night. It was hilarious to me...in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment