Sunday, September 12, 2010

Church, Fundraiser Walk, Parade and Football



What a day! It's Fall, it's in the 60s, kind of gray out and it's football season. Walked to church today before heading up to the end of my T line to meet one of my girlfriends to watch the Pats game. Only, that is when my adventure began. First there was a Jimmy Fund cancer walk, and my friend was having a hard time making it from Brighton to Brookline. I had never taken the line to the end or walked up some of these streets to get to Brighton where Plan B was to meet a Brighton Beer Garden. In Brighton there was a parade so tons of streets were blocked off, making it impossible for her to get anywhere. So by the time she dropped her car off at home after being in it forever and walked, I was able to walk and meet her at the said location, only to find that there were no tables left. So we walked to Allston and caught the B line (slowest line on the Green Line!!) Where it took us forever to get to Kenmore (near Fenway Park) and tried Game On, but that was too crowded, so we settled in during the end of the 2nd quarter to Boston Beer works, where we ordered drinks and food and watched the rest of the game. My head hurts, my feet hurt and I am ready for bed. I loved the Watermelon Ale I had, it came with a nice large chunk of watermelon, which tasted good after sitting in the beer. The Pats won, but to be honest, I was too distracted by the Bengal's hideous uniforms to pay attention to the Pats today. Now, I'm in my PJ's and might take a nap or put on a movie. And somehow, my internet is back in full bars in my room, so I can get internet in the living room and bedroom, so maybe I'll watch some more TV shows. I love lazy Fall days.

No comments:

Post a Comment