
I must say, after seeing "Wicked", I must go and watch "The Wizard of Oz". What an amazing show! I think it's my favorite show I've seen and would totally see it again. Before the show, while waiting for another friend to join us, my coworker and I had a blast people watching. The demographics were interesting. The males are there because of their wives or kids or because their girlfriends dragged them. You could tell which ones were dragged because they were the ones who were checking out all the ladies as they walked by. (Which there were tons more females than males in this group.) Then you had the pregnant ones, and then the girls who got all dressed up wearing heels they could barely walk in. You had the young couple, not too far into their relationship, where you know the girl bought that new date dress just to wear for this night. Oh, and we mustn't forget the red shirt guy whose flip flops were too small for him, who came walking up the side walk, walking like he was the shit and knew it... he wasn't going to the show, but part of the fun was just observing the sea of people before the show. I highly recommend "Wicked". I can't say much about it without blowing it, but it was amazing. I even turned my phone off and didn't turn it back on until I was walking out of the theater. Can you believe it? I went 3 whole hours without my phone, without posting on Facebook, without chatting through gchat! Some people around me who heard me say this cracked up. But it's so true!! I'm so happy I live in Boston. I could not see as many shows in SD as I have seen here; the traffic alone and the travel time to see shows back home (especially if they didn't come to San Diego and had to go to L.A.) kept me from seeing many of the shows I wanted to see. I'm glad I'm able to see so many Broadway shows here in Boston, it reminds me of growing up watching numerous stage productions. It's part of me that I have missed. Next up "Mary Poppins". Oh, I can't wait!
You might be surprised how many guys actually love this kind of thing.
ReplyDeleteIn case you haven't ripped it to your iPod yet, here it is: http://j.mp/bXejX7
Too late to go back to sleep
It's time to trust my instincts
Close my eyes: and leap!
(copy and paste the link into your browser) http://j.mp/bXejX7
ReplyDelete