Today was Fluff Fest, you know that yummy marshmallow Fluff that you make Fluffernutters with? It was a hot Indian Summer day, sweaty and unpleasant. We were excited about the festival, but were utterly disappointed once we got there. We tried some Fluff smore's, Fluff with peanut butter and Nutella on a cracker and I bought a pumpkin whoopie pie and a whoopie pie with peanut butter and Fluff. Restaurants close to the Fluff Fest block had specials, like this drink I had at a pub where I had this Smortini, very sweet, very strong. This fest was geared more towards little kids I think, but glad I was able to add this to my list of "Boston Firsts". Today was also the first time I have ever spent so much time in Somerville, and the first thing I noticed was there are dogs everywhere. I can't believe how many dogs I've passed in a couple block radius. This neighborhood must be really dog friendly, quite different from where I live.
This started as a 365 day-by-day blog of my life in Boston as a 2nd year transplant from May 2010- May 2011. I continued into my 3rd year before one of my New Year's Resolutions was to make something new each week. So I blogged about my dishes with photos. Now, another resolution has brought me back to blogging. In March 2014 I plan on spending only $45 which can only go towards food/beverages. Stay tuned to see how I do.
Saturday, September 25, 2010
Fluff Festival
Today was Fluff Fest, you know that yummy marshmallow Fluff that you make Fluffernutters with? It was a hot Indian Summer day, sweaty and unpleasant. We were excited about the festival, but were utterly disappointed once we got there. We tried some Fluff smore's, Fluff with peanut butter and Nutella on a cracker and I bought a pumpkin whoopie pie and a whoopie pie with peanut butter and Fluff. Restaurants close to the Fluff Fest block had specials, like this drink I had at a pub where I had this Smortini, very sweet, very strong. This fest was geared more towards little kids I think, but glad I was able to add this to my list of "Boston Firsts". Today was also the first time I have ever spent so much time in Somerville, and the first thing I noticed was there are dogs everywhere. I can't believe how many dogs I've passed in a couple block radius. This neighborhood must be really dog friendly, quite different from where I live.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment