Tuesday, September 21, 2010

What is Fall?


In honor of the first day of fall tomorrow, I'm gonna tell ya'll why I love Fall

The changing of the leaves. The crisp in the air. The urge to bake apple pies from scratch. Soaking in a tub filled with bubbles as opposed to quick showers. Pumpkins. Grilled cheese sandwiches with soup. Apple cider. Sweaters. Cozying up with a blanket and good book or movie. Spending time in the kitchen baking or cooking up comfort food that warms the body inside and out. Getting together with family and friends. New seasons of my favorite TV shows. Halloween parties. Pumpkin ales and Sam Adam's Oktoberfest beer. Scarves. Corn. Apple picking. Holiday shopping. Longer nights. Giving Thanks. Walking around the city without dripping in sweat. Football games. Lower electric bills. Feeling calm. Candy. Baked apples. The colors. Good travel deals. Sleeping hard. Opening act for Old Man Winter.

So, yes, I will be welcoming Autumn tomorrow...in a skirt. After all this is New England, and it's supposed to feel like summer with temps in the 80s.

No comments:

Post a Comment