Wednesday, February 2, 2011

3-D


What a waste of a day. It rained and there was sleet so we did not go out to play in the snow. I did sleep in and did do yoga and hooped for a bit, but stopped when I saw my windowsill had rusty puddles and water streaks all along the wall, window pane and there were puddles on the floor in my workout room. Apparently the ice is causing this problem and they have to get someone to look at the roof... I sure hope it doesn't cave in. The people above me have more water damage than I do. I wonder if HMS is kicking themselves for giving us the day off, but then again, the morning commute probably would have been a nightmare. I do enjoy all these 4 day work weeks and having the break in the middle of the week, but I was bored today. Suz and I went to see The Green Hornet and they were only showing it in 3-D. So, it was not only expensive, but the movie wasn't that great and we saw no reason for it to be shown in 3-D. I haven't seen a 3-D movie since seeing another lame one in Denver (Beowulf) a few years back. I do have to say though, 3-D glasses have come a long way from the blue and red paper like glasses I remember using. They look like sunglasses now! I'm not going to hop on the 3-D bandwagon anytime soon. And I am kind of mad at the theaters. Now, not only do they have regular movies, but you have to pay more for those 3-D movies and now at Regal they have RPX (Regal Premium Experience) which you also have to pay more to see movies shown in what can be described as their version of IMAX. I'm sorry, I don't go to movies to have an amazing experience. I go to waste time, to get out of the elements (heat, humidity, cold, etc) and to be entertained. I like to think I'm a minimalist in some respect. I don't need a fancy screen, better sound from more watts or fancy glasses to make my movie going experience better, I am fine with the regular viewing experience. I mean, I never rent blu-ray discs even though I have a blu-ray player. Ah, whatever...I'm not a fan of 3-D movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment