Tonight I hosted a Wii night which happened to fall on the birthday of one of our friends, so I turned it into a birthday party/Wii night. As you know from reading previous posts, I enjoy throwing parties and get togethers at my apartment and the usual crew came with food, beer, wine and balloons for a fun evening. I usually run around trying to be a good hostess, cleaning up before the party ends and missing out on the party, but tonight I was actually able to participate in the party I threw with the help of 9 other people including birthday boy. Many of us are not Wii players and it was fun watching the newbies learn, get frustrated and laugh while playing. There were many interesting conversations (lately it's been about guys and girls and the dating scene here in Boston- can you tell spring is coming?). I am glad I accepted help from the boys who assisted with the clean up and moving my furniture back to the way I had it. Great evening with my dear friends...thanks Gill for having a birthday :) Oh boy, I'm so tired and have a busy weekend ahead of me, one bad part about throwing parties on Thursday...you have to get up early the next morning for work.
This started as a 365 day-by-day blog of my life in Boston as a 2nd year transplant from May 2010- May 2011. I continued into my 3rd year before one of my New Year's Resolutions was to make something new each week. So I blogged about my dishes with photos. Now, another resolution has brought me back to blogging. In March 2014 I plan on spending only $45 which can only go towards food/beverages. Stay tuned to see how I do.
Friday, February 11, 2011
Birthday/Wii Party
Tonight I hosted a Wii night which happened to fall on the birthday of one of our friends, so I turned it into a birthday party/Wii night. As you know from reading previous posts, I enjoy throwing parties and get togethers at my apartment and the usual crew came with food, beer, wine and balloons for a fun evening. I usually run around trying to be a good hostess, cleaning up before the party ends and missing out on the party, but tonight I was actually able to participate in the party I threw with the help of 9 other people including birthday boy. Many of us are not Wii players and it was fun watching the newbies learn, get frustrated and laugh while playing. There were many interesting conversations (lately it's been about guys and girls and the dating scene here in Boston- can you tell spring is coming?). I am glad I accepted help from the boys who assisted with the clean up and moving my furniture back to the way I had it. Great evening with my dear friends...thanks Gill for having a birthday :) Oh boy, I'm so tired and have a busy weekend ahead of me, one bad part about throwing parties on Thursday...you have to get up early the next morning for work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment