Monday, February 14, 2011

Feeling Rejected


Boston sucks. Tonight, after work, I met one of my friends for drinks at Howl at the Moon. We were the only ones in there and the kitchen was closed. We finished our drinks and headed out in search for food. I don't know what your deal is Boston, but tell me, why on Valentine's Day, are places empty and shutting down by 7pm?! Even Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts have their stools up. We decide to hop the T back into Brookline and the fire alarm is still going off at Government Center. An hour before while coming into the city, we got off at this stop while it was going. The firetrucks and crew were there and while we were able to get off, the station was evacuated and they were just letting people back in when we were let off. After roaming around looking for food when we approached the station they closed it. So, after roaming downtown Boston looking for food, we had to walk to the next station, Park St and wouldn't you know it, the C line came as we were entering but since they have the outbound side closed, by the time we got to the other side by going down and around, we missed it. Ugh, the night of rejections. We finally got on the T and managed to make it to Zaftigs for some yummy Jewish food. I ordered whole grain pancakes with date butter and it was delicious. I ended up taking half of it home with me b/c I was full. Then coming home at 8:45 we got to see all the love birds hanging onto each other anticipating tonight's climax. I was amazed at all the guys I saw carrying bouquets with them on the T, buses and walking around. That's not something one sees on their commute when driving, only in a city. I am so glad to be home and be able to put this day behind me and for the first time in a long time, I'm off to bed before 10pm! Photo is of my one and only Valentine's Day treat I received today at work- a chocolate covered strawberry- yum!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry, Valentine's Day sucked for me as well. Oh well, screw it.

    ReplyDelete